Grilled Beef Satay
Cook Time: 1 Hour, 23 Minutes
Yield: 12 appetizer servings OR 4 main dish servings
- Serve these quick-grilling zesty beef skewers as an appetizer or main dish with the spicy peanut sauce for dipping! Recipe provided courtesy of the National Cattleman's Beef Association.
- 1 lb beef top round steak, 1-inch thick
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tsp ginger, ground
- 1/2 cup prepared Asian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup prepared Asian salad dressing
- 1/8 tsp curry powder
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Slice steak into 1/8-inch strips; set aside. (For easier handling, freeze steak for 30 minutes before slicing).
- Combine marinade ingredients in a resealable plastic bag. Add steak strips.
- Close bag and marinate in refrigerator a minimum of 1 hour.
- Prior to grilling steak strips, combine peanut sauce ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Thread steak strips on skewers.(If using wooden skewers, soak them in water 30 minutes prior to grilling).
- Grill or broil steak, turning once, 2 to 3 minutes or until steak is desired doneness.
- Serve hot with peanut sauce.