Peppered Rump Roast
Cook Time: 2 Hours, 15 Minutes
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Deliciously flavored roast.
- 3 to 4 lb rump roast, boneless
- 2 tbsp pepper, black cracked
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Minced Onion
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- Trim any visible fat from roast.
- Rub pepper on all sides of meat.
- Place roast in shallow baking pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour over roast; cover and refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.
- Baste with marinade several times.
- Bake, covered, in marinade at 350F for 2 hours (for medium doneness) or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- To serve, slice roast and serve with a small amount of sauce.