Strawberry Rhubarb Tarts
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
- Yield: 12 tarts
- Rhubarb and strawberries in a rich cream cheese and sour cream filling, all in a cookie dough tart.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 1 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp Pure Almond Extract
- 2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Slice dough into 12 equal portions.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Press each cookie slice into bottom and half way up well of muffin pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes; cool on rack.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add sour cream, vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract.
- Combine strawberries, rhubarb, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract in a medium sized bowl.
- Divide cream cheese mixture evenly between cookie cups.
- Top with fruit and bake 10 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
- Chill one hour in refrigerator before removing from pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
Serve same day as prepared.
If fruit is tart, add sugar, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, to sweeten.