Skip to content
Grilled Peppers on Pita Points with Hummus and Feta Cheese
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- A great grilled appetizer for a warm summer night on the deck.
- 3 bell peppers, quartered, piths removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 tbsp citrus grill
- 3 to 4 pita breads
- 1 cup prepared hummus
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Combine peppers, 1/4 cup olive oil, white wine and seasoning in a resealable plastic bag.
- Let sit 30 minutes for flavors to develop.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush pita breads with olive oil.
- Grill pitas for 5 to 7 minutes; turning once half way through cooking.
- Remove from grill, cool and cut each pita into 6 to 8 triangles.
- Set aside.
- Combine hummus and crushed red pepper in a small bowl, mix thoroughly.
- Set aside.
- Grill peppers 10 to 12 minutes or until peppers are blistered and softened.
- Turn once, half way through grilling.
- Note: use a long set of tongs to turn peppers due to potential flame-ups from the wine.
- Remove peppers from the grill; cool and chop finely.
- Spread approximately 1 tablespoon hummus on each of the pita points.
- Divide chopped peppers evenly among pita points; sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Remaining hummus can be refrigerated for future use.