Skip to content
Apple Spice Shortbread Cookies
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Yield: 3-1/2 dozen cookies
- Rich and buttery, these cookies are perfect with a hot cup of tea or coffee!
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Mix butter, apple butter, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice thoroughly using an electric mixer.
- Gradually blend in flour and corn starch.
- Form into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Gently press down on each cookie to flatten using fingers or a flat bottomed drinking glass (dipped in sugar to prevent sticking).
- Bake at 300ºF for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bottoms begin to brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- RECIPE NOTE:For European-style shortbread, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Pat into a 1/3-inch thick rectangle measuring 11 x 8-inches.
- Cut into 2 x 1-inch strips.
- Place 1-inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Prick with a fork.
- Bake as above.