Spicy Venison Chili
Cook Time: 17 Minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- A great way to use venison.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium green pepper, diced (1 cup)
- 3 stalks celery, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 2 lb ground venison
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 can (29 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 cup water
- 2 tsp sugar
- 6 tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp pepper, black fine grind
- 1/2 tsp Celery Seed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 can (15 ounces each) kidney beans, drained
- 1 large onion, diced (1-1/2 cups)
- Melt butter in large pot.
- Add onions, green pepper, celery and minced garlic.
- Sauté until tender but not brown.
- Add venison and pork.
- Stir occasionally until meat is cooked through and no pink remains.
- Add tomato sauce, ketchup, water, sugar, spices and salt. Mix well.
- Simmer at least 2 hours.
- Add kidney beans; heat for 5 minutes.