Tuscan Steaks- Variation
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- This Tuscan steak recipe has no garlic.
- 2 lb T-bone steaks, 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 tsp Sweet Leaf Basil
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black medium grind
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 fresh lemon (optional)
- Place steaks on preheated grill and cook 8-10 minutes.
- Combine basil, fennel, red pepper, salt, black pepper and olive oil.
- Brush half of the basil mixture onto top of steaks and turn; brush remaining basil mixture on top of steaks.
- Continue cooking another 8 to10 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Squeeze with lemon wedges just before serving, if desired.
Boneless sirloin steaks may be substituted for T-bone steaks.
Broil 12 to 15 minutes, turning once halfway through, or until desired doneness.
To broil, place steaks 4 to 5 inches below heating element.