Skip to content
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- Tortillas thicken and garnish this tasty soup.
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cup cooked, diced chicken
- 1 tbsp Minced Onion
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes, diced with green chilies
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 2 cup (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake tortilla strips at 350ºF for 7 to 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Combine chicken stock, chicken, onion, garlic, black pepper and chili powder in a stock pot.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in black beans, tomatoes, carrots and tortilla chips (reserve a few tortilla strips for garnish).
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add cheddar cheese.
- Garnish with remaining tortilla strips and if desired, sour cream.
- Serve immediately.