Skip to content
Super Quick Fruit Dumplings
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- Make this tasty, home-style dessert in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter OR margarine
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches, blackberries OR other fruit
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp cold butter
- 1 pinch Ground Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet.
- Stir in sugar and undrained fruit.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl;stir into fruit with salt and cinnamon.
- Bring to a full boil; boil 1 minute.
- Meanwhile in a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Cut in butter with two forks.
- Stir in milk until thoroughly moistened.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto hot fruit.
- Cover skillet; turn heat to low and simmer 12 to 15 minutes until dumplings are firm to the touch.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar; sprinkle over dumplings.
- Delicious with ice cream or whipped cream.