Skip to content
BLT with Fried Egg Recipe
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Yield: 4 open faced sandwiches
- Who says BLT's are just for dinner? Topped with a poached or fried egg, this BLT is perfect for breakfast.
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 slice thick white bread, toasted
- 3/4 tsp Italian Seasoning Blend
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 8 slice precooked bacon
- Mix mayonnaise, Italian seasoning, garlic and onion powders in a small bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Set aside.
- Place toasted bread slices on plates or serving platter.
- Spread each slice with herbed mayonnaise.
- Top with slices of bacon, romaine, tomatoes and avocado.
- Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add eggs and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip eggs and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes for desired egg doneness.
- Remove eggs and place one on each BLT sandwich.
- Salt and pepper to taste; serve immediately.
- Poached Egg Variation: Crack egg into a small cup and gently slide egg into simmering water.
- Stir gently to help egg white retain its shape.
- Simmer 3 minutes until whites are cooked through.
- Remove egg with slotted spoon; drain as much water as possible.
- Place poached egg on each sandwich and sprinkle with black pepper and salt to taste.
- Repeat with remaining eggs.