Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cook Time: 3 Hours, 27 Minutes
- Yield: 4 dozen
- Full of the good stuff!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Additional sugar for tops of cookies
- Mix butter, oil, sugar and powdered sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Beat in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Chill for 2 to 3 hours.
- Divide dough into 48 pieces; roll into 1-inch balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Dip a flat bottomed drinking glass into sugar and gently flatten each cookie.
- Bake in preheated 350F ovenfor 10 to 12 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned.
- Immediately remove from baking sheets and cool on racks.
Use a glass with a molded bottom for a more decorative appearance.