- Cook Time: 37 Minutes
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- It's not a gingersnap, it's a cinnamon snap!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Cream butter, shortening and brown sugar, using an electric mixer.
- Add egg and molasses; mix well.
- Gradually add in flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, then roll the balls in 1/2 cup white sugar.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Flatten with a flat-bottomed drinking glass.
- Bake at 350ºF for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies are set and tops are cracked.
- Cool on wire rack.