- Mix flour, sugar, garlic powder, Beau Monde seasoning, rosemary and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place frozen vegetables in bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with flour/spice mixture.
- Add stew meat, wine, bay leaf and tomatoes.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours or on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Substitute 4 cups fresh vegetables for the frozen stew vegetables.
Use potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, fennel, parsnips or any other combination of vegetables.