- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Chicken with mushroom and wine sauce, ladled over steaming linguine. A quick and satisfying entrée!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound/500 g)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil, pure OR olive canola blend
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp Sweet Leaf Basil
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- Cooked linguine (optional)
- Pound chicken pieces to ¼-inch thickness (place between 2 sheets of waxed paper).
- Combine flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add chicken; coat with flour mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken 8 to 10 minutes, or until done, turning once.
- Remove from pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and mushrooms to skillet.
- Sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix corn starch, wine, chicken broth, basil and onion powder until well blended; add to mushrooms.
- Simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve chicken and sauce over linguine, if desired.