- Peel potatoes and grate.
- Mix with onion in a large mixing bowl.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Drain any excess liquid.
- Blot potatoes gently with a paper towel.
- Stir in eggs, flour, onion salt, white pepper and baking powder.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium high heat.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the potato mixture onto hot skillet; flatten slightly.
- Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Brown on both sides, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain on absorbent paper towel.
- Serve hot with applesauce or sour cream.
Although these are best when eaten immediately, they can be reheated by placing in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Bake at 375F for 10 minutes or until hot.