Almond Nuggets with Chocolate Drizzle
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies
- Chocolate and almond are always a great combination.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 1/2 tsp Pure Almond Extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Spray baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and ½ teaspoon almond extract in a medium bowl.
- Add baking powder, and blend thoroughly.
- Stir in flour and almond slices and mixing until completely combined.
- The batter will be stiff.
- Drop by heaping teaspoon onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges of the nugget start to brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; stirring constantly.
- Add ½ teaspoon almond extract.
- Drizzle chocolate over top of each nugget.
- Store in tightly covered container.