- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
- Yield: 14 (4-inch) pancakes
- If you love coconut, you'll love these tender pancakes flavored with coconut extract and toasted coconut!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 envelope yeast, rapid or quick rise
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup very warm milk (120° to 130°F)
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Imitation Coconut Flavor
- 1/2 cup Toasted Coconut
- Combine flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in milk, oil, egg, vanilla and coconut extracts until well blended.
- Mix in coconut.
- Cover; let rise in a warm draft-free place for 1 hour until doubled.
- Stir down batter.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto a hot, lightly oiled griddle or skillet.
- Cook until edges of pancakes appear dry and small bubbles form on surface.
- Turn; cook on other side until golden brown.
- Serve warm with Tropical Syrup.