Skip to content
Cinnamon Apple Wontons Recipe
Cook Time: 3 Hours, 33 Minutes
Yield: 4 dozen
- A sweet treat sure to be the hit of your next party!
- 4 cup finely chopped apples (peeled and cored)
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp butter OR margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 package (12 ounce) wonton wrappers
- For frying corn oil
- Add lemon juice to apples and toss.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add apples, brown sugar,1-½ teaspoons cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Stir until well mixed and cook for 5 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Combine apple juice and corn starch in a small bowl; add to pan.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until apples are tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove apples from heat and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Mix in chopped walnuts.
- Lay out a wonton wrapper and scoop about 1 teaspoon of apple mixture into the center.
- Moisten two adjacent sides of the square with water and then fold the non moistened tip onto the moistened tip to form a triangle.
- Seal well, being sure to squeeze outair pockets.
- With the triangle facing down, moisten the left tip with water, and then bring the right tip under it, sealing the two together.
- Set onto a waxed paper lined sheet. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- Mix sugar and remaining 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a paper bag (lunch bag size).
- Heat oil (about 2 to 3 inches deep) in a deep pan to 350°F.
- Fry a few wontons at a time until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and place in paper bag.
- Shake the paper bag to evenly coat wontons.
- Remove from bag and serve warm.
- Continue to cook remaining wontons.