Creamy Vanilla Pie
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 50 Minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Top with fresh fruit or a raspberry sauce.
- 1 prepared chocolate cookie crumb pie crust
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- Melt chocolate and butter in small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Stir in milk until smooth.
- Pour into bottom of pie crust.
- Combine gelatin and cold water in a small bowl, mixing well.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
- Heat milk, sugar, salt and gelatin mixture in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until sugar and gelatin have dissolved taking care not to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Refrigerate until cool and the consistency of syrup, about 30 minutes.
- Beat cream and vanilla extract in a large bowl with electric mixer until stiff.
- Pour gelatin mixture over cream and fold in until well blended.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour until pie is firm.
Double the chocolate mixture, reserving half to drizzle over the top of the pie (reheat if necessary).