- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine flour, salt, garlic powder and black pepper in a shallow pie pan or bowl.
- Pat roast dry using paper towels.
- Dredge the roast in the flour mixture, coating thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven or deep sided roasting pan over medium-high heat.
- Brown meat for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until well browned.
- Remove roast to a plate.
- Add onions to pan juices and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in pomegranate juice and half of the cranberries; bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and balsamic vinegar, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Return roast to pan, turning to coat with sauce.
- Cover pan and place in oven.
- Roast for 1 hour, 15 minutes.
- Stir well and add remaining cranberries.
- Cover and continue cooking 20 to 30 minutes until roast is tender.
- Remove from oven and allow roast to rest for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to serving platter, slice roast and top with sauce.
Serve this delicious roast with wild rice pilaf, roasted sweet potatoes and pan grilled asparagus.