Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- An impressive end to a special meal.
- 1 cup unsweetened cherry juice blend
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Peel
- 4 cup frozen dark sweet cherries (unsweetened, thawed)
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup amaretto liqueur
- vanilla ice cream
- Mix juice, sugar, corn starch, cinnamon and lemon peel in a large skillet.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in cherries and almond extract.
- Heat amaretto in a small, long handled pan just until warm.
- Ignite with a long match; pour over cherry mixture.
- Stir gently until flame dies down.
- Spoon cherry mixture over individual bowls of ice cream.
- Serve immediately.