- Cook Time: 2 Hours, 40 Minutes
- Yield: 32 bars
- Top with colored sugars or sprinkles for holiday sparkle.
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 2 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 to 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Blend butter, sugar and vanilla in a mixer on low speed for 1 minute.
- Increase speed to medium and continue creaming for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add flour on low speed and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Spread shortbread in pan; patting in place with hands.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until shortbread is golden brown.
- For vanilla glaze: Combine powdered sugar, vanilla and milk in a small bowl and mix until well blended.
- Pour over warm shortbread.
- Cool shortbread for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Cut into 32 small bars.
Immediately after spreading glaze, sprinkle with colored sugar or holiday sprinkles for a festive look