Strawberry Rhubarb Crumb Pie
- Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Who can resist this summer classic? Sweet strawberries combine with tart rhubarb in a pie with a crunchy crumb top.
- 2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 prepared pie crust, unbaked
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Pure Almond Extract
- 6 tbsp butter OR margarine
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 2 cup fresh rhubarb, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Gently combine strawberries, rhubarb, 1/2 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, and almond extract.
- Spoon mixture into pie crust. Set aside.
- Mix brown sugar, 1 cup flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle over fruit pie; pat down topping gently with hands.
- Place pie on baking sheet; bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.