- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté onion and red pepper until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in peas and cream cheese, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Add cream, blue cheese, Italian herb seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, white pepper and salt; stir just until cheese is melted and mixture is thoroughly heated (do not allow mixture to boil).
- Toss with cooked tortellini.
- Place in serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with walnuts, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
To make a lower calorie version of this very rich sauce, use low fat cream cheese and substitute skim evaporated milk in place of the whipping cream.