Potato Herb Soup
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Yield: 5 servings
- Start with frozen carrots and hash browns for home made creamy potato soup without the work!
- 2 cup frozen hash brown potatoes, Southern style
- 1/2 cup frozen carrots, sliced OR crinkle cut
- 2 tbsp Minced Onion
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth OR vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp Sweet Leaf Basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp dried celery flakes
- 1/4 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black fine grind
- 1/8 tsp pepper, cayenne
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 tbsp butter OR margarine
- Combine potatoes, carrots, onion, broth, water, basil, garlic salt, celery flakes, coriander, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a large saucepan.
- Cover; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Add cream and butter; heat through.