Cook Time: 43 Minutes
Yield: about 42 cookies
- Decoration or dessert! These flavorful and fanciful cookies do double duty!
- ½ C. butter OR margarine, softened
- ½ C. dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ C. dark molasses
- 2 C. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- Prepared icings for decorating, optional
- Colored sprinkles for decorating, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and creamy.
- Beat in the egg until combined.
- Beat in molasses.
- Combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt in separate bowl.
- Beat into creamed mixture until just combined.
- Form dough into ball.
- Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut out shapes.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 10 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom.
- Cool 1 minute on sheet; remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- Decorate as desired.