Skip to content
Peach Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe
Cook Time: 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- Make when peaches are at their juiciest!
Make when peaches are at their juiciest!
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 medium fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp butter, cold, cut in chunks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Grease and flour a 9-inch OR 10-inch springform pan. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Stir together flour, sugars and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until coarse crumbs form. Set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, butter, milk and extracts.
- Beat with electric mixer until creamy.
- Add to dry mixture and beat just until moistened.
- Do not over mix.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Arrange peach slices in concentric circles from pan sides to center.
- Gently press slices into batter.
- Sprinkle with streusel.
- Bake until topping is golden brown and cake tests done when a toothpick is inserted in center of cake.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes for a 9-inch pan, 35 to 40 minutes for a 10-inch pan.
- Cool cake 20 minutes.
- Remove sides of pan.
- To serve, cut into wedges.