- Pour crab into a strainer over a bowl. Allow to sit and drain while preparing the other ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg, bell pepper, mayonnaise, seasoning and mustard.
- Mix until well blended.
- Stir in the bread crumbs and crab and gently stir to combine.
- Scoop into ¼ cup portions and flatten to a ½-inch thick patty.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 ½ Tbsp. oil on medium heat until shimmering.
- Add four of the crab cakes to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip and cook 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Remove from the pan and put on a serving platter.
- Wipe the pan out and then repeat the cooking process with another 1 ½ Tbsp. oil and the remaining four crab cakes.
- Serve with dipping sauce if desired.
Mix 2/3 C. mayonnaise, ¼ C. sour cream, 4 tsp. Cajun seasoning, and 4 tsp. lemon juice until smooth.