Tone’s® Cajun Crab Cakes
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 6 Minutes
- Total Time: 21 Minutes
- Yield: 8
- 2 – 6 oz. cans lump crab meat, well drained
- 1 large egg
- ½ C. small diced bell pepper
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Tone’s® Cajun Seasoning Blend
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¾ C. Panko bread crumbs
- Pour crab into a strainer over a bowl. Allow to sit and drain while preparing the other ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg, bell pepper, mayonnaise, seasoning and mustard.
- Mix until well blended.
- Stir in the bread crumbs and crab and gently stir to combine.
- Scoop into ¼ cup portions and flatten to a ½-inch thick patty.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 ½ Tbsp. oil on medium heat until shimmering.
- Add four of the crab cakes to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip and cook 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Remove from the pan and put on a serving platter.
- Wipe the pan out and then repeat the cooking process with another 1 ½ Tbsp. oil and the remaining four crab cakes.
- Serve with dipping sauce if desired.
Mix 2/3 C. mayonnaise, ¼ C. sour cream, 4 tsp. Cajun seasoning, and 4 tsp. lemon juice until smooth.