Skip to content
Toffee Bars Recipe
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Yield: 48 bars
- Easy enough for a weeknight treat and special enough for weekend entertaining.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine flour, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in large bowl.
- Beat in butter, egg and vanilla with electric mixer, on low speed, until dough holds together.
- Press into well greased 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand 5 minutes.
- Spread chocolate evenly over top; sprinkle with pecans.
- Cut into bars while still warm.