- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- Yield: 5 servings
- Rich and creamy with a crunchy carmelized topping!
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 10 tsp brown sugar, divided
- 2 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Scald cream using a double boiler, if available.
- Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Temper the eggs by mixing 2 tablespoons of hot cream into the yolk mixture.
- Stir the tempered yolks into the cream.
- Strain cream and evenly divide the mixture between 5 broil-safe ramekins.
- Place ramekins in a 1-inch water bath.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until set.
- Remove ramekins from water bath and cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate a minimum of one hour.
- Just before serving, sprinkle 2 teaspoons brown sugar evenly over each ramekin.
- Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 2 to 5 minutes until sugar is melted.
- Serve immediately.
For a crunchy topping, use a kitchen torch to brown the topping.