- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Yield: 10 servings
- Similiar to a good chili but "taco soup" just sounds better!
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (1 ounce) ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 3 can (4 ounces each) diced green chilies
- 12 oz frozen corn
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 can (15 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- Brown the ground beef and onion over medium heat in a small stockpot; drain.
- Add ranch dressing mix, taco seasoning, green chilies, corn, tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans and water; stir well.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If desired, garnish with shredded cheese or tortilla chips.