Taco Crunch Mix
Yield: Makes 1 gallon
- Spicy, sweet and addictive.
Perfect for catering.
- 4 cup corn or rice cereal squares
- 3 cup pretzels
- 3 cup corn tortilla chips, bite-size
- 3 cup cheesy fish crackers
- 3 cup square wheat snack crackers
- 1 cup peanuts, salted
- 4 oz butter or margarine
- 2 oz (fluid) corn syrup, light OR dark
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Taco Seasoning Blend
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Spray a large roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Combine cereal, pretzels, tortilla chips, crackers and peanuts in the roasting pan.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add corn syrup, brown sugar and taco seasoning mix.
- Bring to a boil over medium-heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour over cereal mixture; tossing to coat well.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool, stirring frequently.
- Store in tightly covered container.