Stuffed Chocolate Hazelnut French Toast
- Cook Time: 18 Minutes
- Yield: 4 stuffed slices
- Gooey and delicious!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp Pure Almond Extract
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 8 slice good quality, firm, white bread
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 tbsp butter OR margarine
- Whisk eggs, milk, sugar,almond extractand cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Spread 4 slices of bread with chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Top each with a second slice of bread.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip stuffed bread slices in egg mixture.
- Cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes; turn and cook additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with fresh fruit.