Sticky Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Cook Time: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
Yield: 15 to 18 rolls
- Apples make this caramel roll a little different.
- 2 cup milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine
- 2 eggs
- 6-7 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 envelope yeast, rapid or quick rise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 butter (no substitutions)
- 1/4 cup corn syrup, light
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Combine 3 cups flour, sugar undissolved yeast and saltin large mixing bowl.
- Heat milk and butter to very warm (120 to 130F).
- Add to flour mixlture.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add eggs and 2 cups flour; eat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out on lightly floured surface and knead for 5 to 8 minutes or until dough is smooth.
- Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll each piece into a 12 x 10-inch rectangle
- Mix brown sugar, sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter with a pastry blender until it resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle over dough.
- Place chopped apples evenly over filling.
- Roll up jelly roll fashion from long side.
- Slice into 8 portions (1-1/2 inches thick).
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in medium saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until melted.
- Pour into a 13 x 9-inch pan OR two 9-inch square pans.
- Place rolls cut side down in pan.
- Cover and let rise until double (about 30 minutes).
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Invert on platter while warm.