Skip to content
Steak with Onions Recipe
Cook Time: 1 Hour, 40 Minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- Delicious served with tostones. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro for an extra pop of flavor.
- 2 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp Adobo Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Oregano Leaf
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tbsp corn oil
- 1 large white onion, peeled, sliced into rings and separated
- 1 to 1-1/2 lb thin cut sirloin OR T-bone steak
- 2 tbsp corn oil
- To taste adobo seasoning
- Combine garlic, Adobo seasoning, oregano and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub spice mixture over steak.
- Place steak in a large resealable plastic freezer bag and seal tightly; add 2 tablespoons oil and vinegar.
- Seal bag and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion rings and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned but still firm.
- Season to taste with adobo seasoning.
- Remove onions to a plate and set aside.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Sear steaks for 3 to 5 minutes per side or to desired doneness.
- Remove steaks to serving plate and top with onion rings.