Skip to content
Dill Batter Bread
Cook Time: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
Yield: 16 servings
- A very tasty yeast bread with no kneading or shaping.
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup very warm water (120 to 130F)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp Dill Weed
- 1 envelope yeast, rapid or quick rise
- 2 tbsp butter OR margarine
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Mix dry yeast, 1/4 cup flour, baking soda, sugar, salt, dill weed, onion and garlic powders in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine butter or margarine and very warm water in a separate small bowl.
- Gradually add this to the dry mixture above.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add the cottage cheese, egg, and 1/2 cup of the flour.
- Beat on high speed 2 minutes.
- Add remaining flour to make a stiff batter.
- Cover and let sit 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a well greased 1-1/2 quart casserole.
- Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free area about 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden.
- Immediately remove bread from casserole.
- Serve warm, or place on wire rack to cool.
- If desired, after baking brush with melted butter and a sprinkling of salt.