Skip to content
Spicy Chicken Pilaf
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- An easy recipe - great for leftover chicken!
- 2 tbsp butter OR margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 to 2 cup diced, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add onions and cook until just tender.
- Add garlic salt, turmeric, curry powder and rice; stirring until each rice kernel is well-coated.
- Add chicken broth; cover tightly and simmer 20 to 25 minutes until rice is tender.
- Stir in chicken, peas and raisins; cook over low heat until chicken is heated through.