Spiced Chocolate Cherry Bars
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Yield: 24 bars
- Chocolate and cherries is a combination that can't miss!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Dash cloves, ground
- Dash salt
- 1 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup Brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract, pure
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 6 oz white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt in a bowl until well mixed.
- Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla: beatuntil light and fluffy.
- Slowly add flour mixture, beating at low speed just until combined.
- Stir in cherries and white chocolate.
- Spread in greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.