Skip to content
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- Rich, hearty chowder, featuring shrimp and crab.
- 4 slice bacon
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 3 tbsp Minced Onion
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 can (14.5 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup peeled and diced potatoes (about 2 medium potatoes)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cup half and half
- 1 tbsp pepper, black medium grind
- 1 package (8 ounces) tiny frozen shrimp, precooked
- 1 package (8 ounces) real or imitation crab meat
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- Cook bacon until crisp in Dutch oven.
- Remove bacon and crumble; set aside.
- Add mushrooms and celery to bacon drippings.
- Sauté; just until tender.
- Add minced onions, garlic powder, chicken broth, and potatoes.
- Simmer over medium-low heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Combine water and flour; whisk until smooth.
- Gradually add to simmering stock, stirring constantly.
- Cook until thickened.
- Add half and half, pepper, shrimp and crab.
- Heat through. Add sherry.
- Garnish each serving with crumbled bacon.