- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Tear Italian loaf into 1-inch pieces.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake bread for 8 to 10 minutes to dry out.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool completely.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and broccoli and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in bell peppers and continue to cook 3 to 5 minutes or until peppers are crisp tender. Remove from heat.
- Whisk milk, cream, eggs, salt and spices in a very large mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in vegetable mixture and bread.
- Fold in Italian cheese blend and the spinach.
- Pour mixture into 13 x 9-inch baking dish that has beensprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until puffed and firm in the center.
- Remove from oven; let sit 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with shaved Parmesan cheese, if desired.
To allow strata to come to room temperature before baking, remove baking dish from refrigerator thirty minutes prior to placing it in oven.
Strata can be prepared the night before, covered and refrigerated.