Skip to content
Salmon Spinach Panini Recipe
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- No need to have a fancy panini press for this tasty sandwich.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp Dill Weed
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 loaf (9-inch) focaccia bread (about 1 pound)
- 4 slice (4 ounces) Swiss cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) pink salmon, drained
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix mayonnaise, lime juice, dill, garlic powder and pepper in a small bowl.
- Slice focaccia bread in half lengthwise.
- Spread both halves with mayonnaise mixture.
- Layer on bottom half of bread: Swiss cheese slices, salmon, tomato slices, spinach and onions.
- Gently press top half of bread over filling.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, until bread is toasted and cheese melted.
- Serve immediately.
- Spinach may be used fresh or wilted.
- To wilt, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in medium skillet and add spinach.
- Sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Remove from heat; layer spinach on sandwich as directed.