Pumpkin Spice Pound Cake
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- Yield: 16 slices
- Moist and delicious...don't skimp on the sauce!
- 2 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 6 eggs
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
Caramel Pecan Topping
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Dash salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease and flour a 12 cup fluted tube pan.
- Beat sugar and butter in a large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla; add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and spices; mix well.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and pumpkin to butter mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 65 to 75 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate.
- Cool completely.
- Combine brown sugar, cream, maple syrup, butter and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, stir in cinnamon, vanilla and pecans.
- Serve warm over cake.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired.