Skip to content
Fruit Basket Salad Recipe
Cook Time: 9 Hours
Yield: 12 servings
- Vary the fruit with what's in season.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, juice pack
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 6 cup assorted fresh fruit, cut in bite size pieces (suggestions: bananas, apples, grapes, melon, strawberries, peaches, etc.)
- Combine undrained pineapple, oranges and sugar in small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate a minimum of 8 hours.
- Drain juice from pineapple and oranges and add water (if necessary) to make 1 cup.
- Add corn starch and lemon juice to pineapple juice.
- Transfer to small saucepan.
- Heat to boiling over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat once mixture reaches a boil and thickens.
- Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Cool.
- Place assorted fresh fruit in large bowl.
- Add pineapple orange mixture.
- Pour cooled sauce over all and gently mix to coat fruit.
- Chill 30 minutes or until serving time.