Lemon Pepper Garbanzo Salad
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- This low fat, colorful salad is the perfect accompaniment to grilled chicken, steak or burgers.
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup canned reduced sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 2 tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seed
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 cup celery, diagonally cut in
- Combine beans, celery, peppers and red onion in a large serving bowl.
- Mix cilantro, lemon pepper seasoning, garlic, cumin,vinegar, lime juice and olive oil in a separate bowl.
- Pour over bean and pepper mixture; stir to thoroughly combine.
- Cover; chill a minimum of 1 hour to blend flavors.
Garbanzo beans are also known as chickpeas.