Skip to content
Jerky Turkey with Island Rice
Cook Time: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- Turkey and Caribbean? You bet! Delicious turkey meatballs on colorful bed of Island Rice!
- 1 cup fresh carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into 24 (1-1/2 inch) meatballs.
- Place in a covered pan and bake 20 minutes.
- Bring coconut milk and water to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan.
- Stir in rice, jerk seasoning, and turmeric.
- Return to a boil and add carrots.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add peas and black beans.
- Simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork.
- To serve, place meatballs on a bed of Island Rice.
- If desired, garnish with cilantro.