Pumpkin Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
- Yield: 32 cupcakes
- Rich and spicy pumpkin cupcakes!
Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp butter OR margarine, softened
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 1/2 tsp Orange Peel
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup corn oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 3/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 3/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 cup sugar
- Blend the eggs, oil, sugar, and pumpkin in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Stir together dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and beat until well blended.
- Pour into lined muffin tins.
- Fill about 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for 30 minutes or until center springs back when touched. Cool 30 minutes.
- Spread with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Spread over cooled cupcakes.