Pasta with Figs, Olives and Pine Nuts
Cook Time: 14 Minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- Use a food processor to make this pasta a cinch to prep.
A food processor makes this pasta easy to make.
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup stuffed manzanilla olives, drained
- 4 whole dried figs
- 1 jar (1.34 ounce) pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tsp Ground Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground sea salt grinder
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black medium grind
- 1/3 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- 1 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- Pulse capers, olives, figs, pine nuts, mustard, nutmeg, sea salt and black pepper in a small food chopper or processor to a chunky consistency.
- Add olive oil; pulse to combine.
- Olive mixture should be slightly chunky.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain the water and return pasta to the pot.
- Thoroughly mix in olive mixture; toss with 2/3 cup Pecorino Romano cheese.
- Plate and garnish with remaining 1/3 cup cheese.