Muffuletta on Pretzel Rolls
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Traditionally served on French bread, we make our sandwich on pretzel bread for extra flavor and texture.
- 8 pretzel rolls
- 8 oz sliced mortadella OR bologna
- 8 oz sliced capicolla OR ham
- 8 oz sliced Genoa salami
- 8 oz sliced provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 cup finely minced assorted olives
- 2 tsp capers
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Oregano Leaf
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- To make Olive Tapenade, combine all ingredients in a bowl; let sit for 5 minutes to blend flavors.
- Slice pretzel rolls, spread tapenade on bottom of each roll.
- Top with mortadella, capicolla, salami and provolone cheese.
- Add top half of roll and press together.
- Sandwiches can be served immediately, but flavors blend if sandwiches are individually wrapped and refrigerated for up to 8 hours.
Olive Tapenade can be made ahead.