- Cook Time: 2 Hours, 23 Minutes
- Yield: 2-3/4 cups
- Green olives and capers make this bruschetta unique.
- 2 cup seeded and chopped roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green olives
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- 2 tsp Oregano Leaf
- 1 tsp Sweet Leaf Basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black medium grind
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 loaf French baguette, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Combine tomatoes, onion, olives, capers, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt, pepper and olive oil in a mixing bowl.
- Cover and chill several hours.
- Pre-heat broiler to high.
- Broil bread slices for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Rub each slice with a cut fresh garlic clove; spread tomato mixture evenly over bread.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil slices for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Toasted pita triangles can be easily substituted for French baguette.