Italian Vegetable Pitas
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Frozen stir fry vegetables and cheese make a quick and hearty vegetarian pita sandwich!
- 1 tbsp olive oil, pure OR olive canola blend
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen stir fry vegetable blend
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- OR onion salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, red crushed
- 1/4 cup white wine OR water
- 1 can (2.25 ounces) sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 slice (1 ounce each) provolone cheese
- 4 pita pockets
- Heat oil in skillet over high heat.
- Add vegetables; cook and stir about 5 minutes, until tender.
- Sprinkle Italian herb seasoning, garlic salt and crushed red pepper evenly over vegetables.
- Add wine and olives and continue cooking until liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat; stir in ricotta cheese.
- Line inside of each pita pocket with 1 slice of provolone cheese.
- Stuff each with hot vegetable mixture.
- Serve immediately.
Any blend of stir fry frozen vegetables may be used or use 2 cups of your favorite blend of fresh vegetables (sugar snap peas, thin sliced carrots, onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, etc.
Add about 5 minutes to the cooking time if using fresh vegetables.